Saturday, February 27, 2010

CELEBRATING CLICHES

OF ALL THE THINGS YOU WEAR, YOUR EXPRESSION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT

Too flippant...? I don't know about that. Consider the expressions of our favorite movies stars. In some silent, sentient way, these cinematic icons speak to us. Shape us. Often by their expressions alone. Watching them up there on those bigger than life screens, we relate to their facial communication.

Who do we best relate to...? Our choices can be instructive, for they hint at who we are (or want to be):

* Clark Gable > A flair for the confident, cocky and maybe even conniving!
* Jimmy Stewart > A down-home, ah-shucks goodness that feels your pain!
* Clint Eastwood > A strong, brooding silence that's always master of the moment!

* Bette Davis > A compelling, no-nonsense bitchiness cool under fire!
* Marilyn Monroe > An innocent sensuality that fills your dreams at night!
* Diane Keaton > A smart, sauciness that draws you both body and soul!
* Nicole Kidman > A blend of hot and cool in one tasty recipe

Got your own list? Sure you do. Then check your morning mirror to see how much what you like, you begin to look....

A VOICE TO LISTEN TO

I was regretting the past and fearing the future.
Suddenly my Lord was speaking:
"My name is I am"
He paused. I waited. He continued.

When you live in the past with its mistakes and regrets,
It is hard. I am not there.
My name is not...I was.

When you live in the future with its problems and fears.
It is hard. I am not there.
My name is not...I will be.

When you live in the moment
It is not hard. I am here.
"My name is I Am."




No comments:

Post a Comment