Tuesday, June 8, 2010

SEARCHING FOR SECRETS EVEN GOOGLE CAN'T ACCESS

Great prophets and tortured artists often spend their life searching for the secrets of life. So do dedicated archaeologists who turn skilled spades among the sands of time. But here's a thought -- don't each of us hold secrets deep beneath the sands of our subconscious? Secrets there all these long years which we might wish (or dread) to excavate?

The human brain is being stretched every day by the dazzling digital tools now at its disposal. However, thus far not even Google has found a spade that will do this job.

Think about it. All the hidden, long-unplayed videotapes secreted in our memory banks. What Mom used to whisper while feeding us at her breast...what Dad always laughed as he played with us on the grass....what exactly that special teacher in our lives said that was so special on that remembered afternoon...what precisely happened that summer night when their beach-time passions welded into ours...how specifically did I behave that terrible cemetery morning?

I know all these moments occurred, and yet I have no way of accessing and activating them here on a rainy June afternoon when I am so lonely and want so much to re-live them again. Easy to believe some Silicon Valley wunderkind is almost on the brink of patenting such a device. What a breakthrough! What a chance to finally recover such lost details! What a time trip into my own journey!

Or are such specifics better enshrined only in gossamer recollections...?

1 comment:

  1. I think I'd like to try going back...but I'm not sure whether I would like what I find

    ReplyDelete