Saturday, November 7, 2009

POSTCARD TO THE PRESIDENT

I had the privilege of writing for the last two White Houses. Were I to have the honor to write something for this good president, here would be my first draft for the first paragraph!

"My fellow Americans, this week two tragedies hit home at the same time. Together they send an inescapable message. First, the horrific events at Fort Hood remind us there is pathological but understandable confusion about more deployments in overseas wars. Second, our unemployment rate hitting 10% reminds us lives are being lost daily here even faster than over there. It's time for me to fulfill my pledge for Change. It's time for us to gather our natural, economic and human resources to invest here more than there. It's time for us to take most (altho surely not all) of what we've planned to pour into overseas nation-building, and pour it into our nation. In other words -- nation-building at home! My administration has already started in small steps; now it's time to invest ourselves in big steps. Here's how....."

Sir, I'll leave the rest to you, for I believe you know what we need to do.

3 comments:

  1. I would most definitely like to hear that speech from President Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he would definitely like to give it. Problem is while he may be the President, even a president can't do everything he wants when he wants when there are 300 million different people out there demanding 300 million different things. Lets hope...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes more sense than most of what I'm hearing. I hope he reads it.

    ReplyDelete